Google text to speech powers applications to read the text on your screen aloud. For example, it can be used by:
• Google Play Books to 'Read Aloud' your favourite book
• Google Translate to speak translations aloud so that you can hear the pronunciation of a word
• TalkBack and accessibility applications for spoken feedback across your device
• … and many other applications in Play Store
To use Google text to speech on your Android device, go to Settings > Language & Input > Text to speech output. Select Google text to speech Engine as your preferred engine. Note: On many Android devices, Google text to speech is already turned on, but you can update to the latest version here.
Supported languages: Bangla (Bangladesh), Bangla (India), Cantonese (Hong Kong), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (Australia), English (India), English (United Kingdom), English (United States), Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Khmer, Korean, Mandarin (China), Mandarin (Taiwan), Nepali, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Sinhala, Slovak, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (United States), Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese.
• Added support for Estonian, Romanian and Slovak. • Various other improvements to our voices.